Clinical Trials Logo

Clinical Trial Summary

This study will develop a whole-of-body markerless tracking method for measuring the motion of the tumour and surrounding organs during radiation therapy to enable real-time image guidance. Routinely acquired patient data will be used to improve the training, testing and accuracy of a whole-of-body markerless tracking method. When the markerless tracking method is sufficiently advanced, according to the PI of each of the data collection sites, the markerless tracking method will be run in parallel to, but not intervening with, patient treatments during data acquisition.


Clinical Trial Description

This observational study will access routinely acquired radiation therapy treatment data from 300 patients including brain, breast, head and neck, kidney, liver, pancreas, prostate, spine and cardiac anatomic sites. At least 30 patients will be recruited from each anatomic site to enable sufficient data for the markerless tracking method training, testing and validation. The clinical data will be used to develop, train, test and validate a markerless target tracking method. After the treatment, the ground truth and the variability in the ground truth will be computed. The patient images, the markerless tracking results, the ground truth and the variability will be uploaded to an in-house developed clinical trial learning system. Uploading additional data to the learning system automatically triggers the model building of the deep learning system. In this manner, the learning system gets both more accurate and more robust with each patient accrued. As the patient data accrues, the primary hypothesis of targeting accuracy can be tested. The developed markerless tracking software will be applied by study personnel to the treatment imaging data for each anatomic site using five-fold cross-validation where 80% of the data is used for training and the remaining unseen 20% of the data is used for testing. Target positions produced by the markerless tracking will be compared with a 'ground truth'. ;


Study Design


Related Conditions & MeSH terms


NCT number NCT05184790
Study type Observational
Source University of Sydney
Contact Shona Silvester
Phone +61 2 8627 1185
Email [email protected]
Status Not yet recruiting
Phase
Start date January 31, 2022
Completion date January 31, 2025

See also
  Status Clinical Trial Phase
Recruiting NCT04681911 - Inetetamab Combined With Pyrotinib and Chemotherapy in the Treatment of HER2 Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer Phase 2
Recruiting NCT04574609 - Evaluation of the Impact of the Use of Hypnotherapy Performed by a Virtual Reality Toolalong the Care Pathway of Patients Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment. N/A
Active, not recruiting NCT04890327 - Web-based Family History Tool N/A
Terminated NCT04066790 - Pyrotinib or Trastuzumab Plus Nab-paclitaxel as Neoadjuvant Therapy in HER2-positive Breast Cancer Phase 2
Completed NCT03591848 - Pilot Study of a Web-based Decision Aid for Young Women With Breast Cancer, During the Proposal for Preservation of Fertility N/A
Recruiting NCT03954197 - Evaluation of Priming Before in Vitro Maturation for Fertility Preservation in Breast Cancer Patients N/A
Terminated NCT02202746 - A Study to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of the VEGFR-FGFR-PDGFR Inhibitor, Lucitanib, Given to Patients With Metastatic Breast Cancer Phase 2
Active, not recruiting NCT01472094 - Clinical and Biological Predictors of Chemotherapy Toxicity in Older Adults
Recruiting NCT04631835 - Phase I Study of the HS-10352 in Patients With Advanced Breast Cancer Phase 1
Enrolling by invitation NCT04307407 - Exercise in Breast Cancer Survivors N/A
Recruiting NCT03544762 - Correlation of 16α-[18F]Fluoro-17β-estradiol PET Imaging With ESR1 Mutation Phase 3
Active, not recruiting NCT02482389 - Study of Preoperative Boost Radiotherapy N/A
Enrolling by invitation NCT00068003 - Harvesting Cells for Experimental Cancer Treatments
Completed NCT00226967 - Stress, Diurnal Cortisol, and Breast Cancer Survival
Active, not recruiting NCT00341939 - Retrospective Analysis of a Drug-Metabolizing Genotype in Cancer Patients and Correlation With Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamics Data
Recruiting NCT04190381 - A Study to Evaluate the Safety and Clinical Outcome of Using FR-Mask in Breast Cancer Patients With Radiation-irritated Skin After Radiotherapy N/A
Active, not recruiting NCT04088955 - A Digimed Oncology PharmacoTherapy Registry
Recruiting NCT03667716 - COM701 (an Inhibitor of PVRIG) in Subjects With Advanced Solid Tumors. Phase 1
Suspended NCT03412877 - Administration of Autologous T-Cells Genetically Engineered to Express T-Cell Receptors Reactive Against Neoantigens in People With Metastatic Cancer Phase 2
Active, not recruiting NCT02894398 - Study in Women With Advanced Breast Cancer Receiving Palbociclib With AI or Fulvestrant Phase 2